Configuring Outlook Express
Images Will Take A Few Moments To Load!
1.) Double click the Outlook Express icon on your desktop.
2.) If a Connection Wizard or a Connect To Window appear, cancel it.
3.) Click on the Tool Menu (at the top of the Outlook Express window),
4.) Click on the Mail Tab on the main window.
5.) If you have a existing account listed in the window, highlight it with a
6.) Next, click the Add button, then select Mail (see example below).
7.) In the next window, enter in your real name, then click on
the Next button
8.) Next, enter in your e-mail address (lowercase), then click
on the Next button
9.) In the next window, enter in the following (see example below):
Click on the Next button (on the bottom of the window).
10.) In the next screen, Internet Mail Logon, complete the following:
Click on the Next button (at the bottom of the screen).
(sample screen below)
11.) In the next window, click on the Finish button.
Your done! For information on using e-mail or browsing the
Internet, refer to the Help Menu
To verify that your e-mail settings are properly set, please complete the following steps.
1. Open Outlook Express (you do not need to connect to the Internet - click "Work Offline" if your Connect To window appears). At the top of the Outlook Express window, click on the "Tools" menu and select "Accounts".
2. At the top of the Internet Accounts screen, click on the "Mail" tab. Click once on the mail account so it becomes highlighted, then click on the "Properties" button (right side of the screen, third button down).
3. In the Properties window, "General" screen, verify the following settings:
4. At the top of the Properties window, click on the "Servers" tab and verify the following settings:
5.) At the top of the Properties window, click on the "Connection" tab. In the Connection screen, make sure "Always connect to this account" using is selected and that "CVC Internet" is showing in the white field below.
6. At the top of the Properties window, click on the "Security" tab. In the Security screen, the only option that should be active, is the "Algorithm (3DES)".
7. At the top of the Properties
window, click on the "Advanced" tab. In the Advanced screen,
In the section "Server Timeouts", move the arrow to: Long 5 minutes
In the section "Sending", Do Not select the option "Break apart messages larger than".
In the section "Delivery", Do Not select the option "Leave a copy of messages on server".
8. At the bottom of the Properties window, click on the "Apply" button, then click on the "OK" button.
9. In the "Internet Accounts" window, click on the "Close" button.
10. In the "Outlook Express" main window, click on the "File" menu (located at the top of the Outlook Express window) and select "Close".
You're Finished! For more information on using e-mail or browsing the Internet, please refer to the "Help" menu located within the e-mail software program.
Internet Explorer's Cache
To keep Internet Explorer running at it's best, make sure to periodically clean the cache. The cache stores graphics of sites you browse on the Internet, so the next time you revisit the site it will load the page much faster. But after extensive browsing the cache will become plugged, causing problems with browsing.
Cleaning The Cache -
1.) Click Tools in the top left corner of Internet Explorer, select Internet Options.
2.) Click on Delete Files, another window will appear stating "All Temporary Files Will Be Deleted", click OK to continue.
3.) When the hour glass disappears, click OK again to return to Internet Explorer.
FAQ’s Online Database
Copyright © 1996-2008, CVC Internet, LLC. All