CVC I-SPEED? What gets accelerated?
I-SPEED compresses the following elements of web pages and email in order
to send the information to your computer faster:
- Graphics including JPEG and GIF images
- E-mail -
SMTP and POP (including file attachments!)
Other value-added features of the accelerator software include:
- Pop-Up Blocker - block annoying pop-up advertisements while surfing!
- Banner-Ad Blocking - Stop the ads, and surf faster!
- Integrated Diagnostic Support Tool
What will not be accelerated?
Although I-SPEED is able to compress many different types of online data,
there are a few which cannot be accelerated:
- Streaming media, audio and video files
- Secure pages, such as those used for online banking and credit card
How does it work?
With traditional dial-up methods, the text and graphics that make up
web pages get sent from the server to you over your phone line. Because
of the large amount of data required to be sent, this process can be painfully
slow. I-SPEED compresses this data using a proprietary technology, and
sends it over your existing dialup phone line. This compression process
allows a smaller amount data to be sent – up to five times less
– making the download time of your web pages and your online experience
that much faster. As an added download time reducer, I-SPEED stores elements
of the web sites you visit frequently eliminating the need to re-download
them every time you visit these sites.
|Windows Operating Systems:
||Macintosh Operating System:
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows 95b w/ Winsock2
- Windows 98
- Windows 98SE
- Windows Millennium Edition (Windows ME)
- Windows NT 4.0
- Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent)
- 64MB RAM
- at least 5MB of hard-drive space.
- OS X 10.2 or later
- PowerPC G3 processor
- 128MB RAM
- 6MB of hard drive space.
- Internet Explorer 4.0 (or later)
- Netscape Communicator 6.0 (or later)
To try a free trial of CVC I-Speed for 7 days, please send
your request to email@example.com
or call 884-5488.
What does it cost?
Add I-SPEED to your existing CVC Internet access for: